Bluetooth for the Dreampad allows you to connect to the Dreampad or Aurras without plugging your phone directly into the pillow cable. This can be useful especially if you need to charge your iPhone overnight. (If you do not want to use Bluetooth, see the FAQ "Can I connect without Bluetooth?".)
The Bluetooth receiver is NOT embedded inside the pillow or Aurras, because many people would like to keep radio frequencies away from their bed.
- It's easy to pair the Dreampad Bluetooth receiver to your phone or iPod.
- First, make sure the Bluetooth device is fully charged, using the charging cable provided, and any charging block.
- Then, go to Bluetooth Settings on your phone.
- Turn on the Bluetooth. Press and hold the power button for about one second until the blue LED Indicator turns on.
A light will flash until "Dreampad" appears on your phone.
- Tap "Dreampad" on your phone. The light will turn to solid blue. The Bluetooth device is now paired to your phone.
A couple of important notes:
- The discovery process may take longer if multiple devices (phones, iPads, etc) are turned on and in discovery mode. The Bluetooth device can only pair to one phone or iPad at the same time.
- If the name "Dreampad" does not appear, turn off Bluetooth on your phone and turn off the Bluetooth device. Turn both back on and try again.
- MULTIPLE PHONES OR IPADS: Please note that the Bluetooth device will try to pair automatically to the last smart device (phone or iPad) that it was paired to. If you paired to one phone and then try to pair to a different phone, the Bluetooth device will search for the first phone and will not pair to the second phone. You must first DISCONNECT (or FORGET) the device on the first phone, and then pair to the second phone.